Monday 17 March 2014

Roy Clothes


Richards clothes were made in the same way as Richards, pattern pieces were cut off of the puppet and hand sewn together


I then sewed this weird, suspicious shaped pattern on, hoping to represent a fly, but it didn't look right AT ALL so i took it straight back off by unpicking it.  



I then wrapped the upper body in cling film and masking tape, same as before, starting with a cross over on the shoulders. 


As Roy has a small, rounder shaped body, the pattern wouldn't lay flat when it was cut off for the back piece. In order to make it lay flat, I cut a line up through the middle as seen below, which would be cut out of the fabric and sewn together so that it would fit properly. 

 

Below is one of the sleeves, which, being the intelligent person I am I made about 5mm too short, but I can put a cuff on the end to extend it. 


It was then a long night of sewing to get the shirt to the same level of Richards. 


And Here he is! in some sort of, religious/American gangsta (same thing (disclaimer: they're not the same thing, it was a joke)) pose.


The waistcoat was made from the same pattern as the shirt, altering it slightly to allow for a lower V neck on it and allowing for the shirt underneath.

All clothing is held together with painted sewing pins so that it can be taken off whenever necessary to tighten joints. 


I also never posted about this! or did I ??

I wanted the noses to look separate from the faces and all hand-built-y, mainly done through the colour. 

thats it for now! will crack on with props next 


1 comment:

  1. James... This is looking amazingly good, I adore the sewing machine! Can't wait to see the final thing.

    ReplyDelete